Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Redmi series – Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro at a starting price tag of 999 Yuan. The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro comes in Rose Gold, Blue, Black, Gold, & Red colours and it will go on sale in China starting from tomorrow, June 26th. The Redmi 6 Pro comes in three variant – 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage cost 999 Yuan while the 4GB RAM with 32GB internal storage cost US 1199 Yuan, and the 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage cost 1299 Yuan. The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro is the successor of the Redmi Note 5 Pro, and comes with key features like 19:9 display, dual rear camera, AI face unlock, and voice assistant features.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Specifications, and Features
Display, Processor, Memory, and Operating System
On the specifications front, the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro features 5.84-inch Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels, an iPhone X-style notch in its display, 84-percent NTSC colour gamut. It is powered by 2.0GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 which is paired with Adreno 506 GPU, and 3GB/4GB of RAM. The Redmi 6 Pro runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI on top of it and has 32GB/64GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 256GB via dedicated microSD card.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Camera
On the camera side, the Redmi 6 Pro features 12-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, flash, PDAF along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for AI portraits and AI scene detection. There is also a 5-megapixel front camera with AI portrait mode, HDR and AI Face unlock.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro SIM Card Support, Connectivity Features, and Sensors
The Redmi 6 Pro has dedicated dual-SIM card and microSD card slot. The Redmi 6 Pro comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual-band 2.4GHz, 5GHz), Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/ A-GPS, and Micro-USB. The Redmi 6 Pro comes with sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, infrared, and a proximity sensor.
Dimensions, and Weight
The Redmi 6 Pro measures 149.33 x 71.68 x 8.75 mm and weighs 178 grams.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Battery
The Redmi 6 Pro packs 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro specifications
- Display: 5.84-inch Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels, 500 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC Color Gamut
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Processor which is paired with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB/64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 10
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung S5K5E8 sensor, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Infrared sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 149.33×71.68×8.75mm
- Weight: 178g
- SIM Card Support: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery” 4000mAh