In an event in New Delhi, Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest smartphone – Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro at a starting price tag of Rs. 13,999. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes in Black, Gold, Rose Gold & Blue colors and it will be available exclusively on Flipkart as well as on Mi.Com & Mi Home Stores starting from February 22nd, 2017. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes in two variant – 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant cost Rs. 13,999 while the 6GB RAM with 64GB internal variant cost Rs. 16,999. Jio is offering Rs. 2,200 cashback and 100 percent additional 4G data for customers buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Display, Processor, Memory, and Operating System
On the specifications front, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro features 5.99-inch Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels and it is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is powered by 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor which is paired with Adreno 509 GPU & 4GB/6GB of RAM. The smartphone runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9.2 on top of it and the smartphone has 64GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 128GB via microSD card.
On the camera side, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro features dual camera setup – a 12-megapixel primary rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size sensor and secondary 5-megapixel camera to capture the depth information for background blur with dual-tone LED flash. The smartphone has 20-megapixel front-facing camera with selfie flash and offer A.I. based portrait selfies.
SIM Support, and Connectivity Features
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro features Hybrid SIM card support and comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has metal unibody and features a fingerprint sensor on the back. The Face Unlock feature will arrive in March with an OTA update.
Dimensions, and Weight
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro measures 158.6×75.4×8.05mm and weight 181 grams.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro packs a 4000mAh battery and offers 14 hours of continuous video playback
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with a resoltion of 2160 × 1080 pixels, 450 nits Brightness, 1500: 1 Contrast Ratio, and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.0) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 158.6×75.4×8.05mm
- Weight: 181g
- SIM Card Slot: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 4000mAh battery