Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest smartphone – Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 in India at a starting price tag of Rs. 9,999. The smartphone comes in Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Lake Blue colors and it will be available exclusively on Flipkart, Mi.com & Mi Home Stores starting from February 22nd, 2017 and later on it will be available in offline stores. Originally, the smartphone was introduced in China last year and it is the successor of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 that was launched last year. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 comes in two variant – 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage variant cost Rs. 9,999 while the 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant cost Rs. 11,999. The smartphone comes with a bundled clear case in the box, and Jio will be giving cashback of worth Rs. 2,200 and 100 percent additional data on buying the new Redmi Note 5 smartphone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
Display, Processor, Memory, and Operating System
On the specifications front, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 features 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 full-screen 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels and it is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The smartphone is powered by 2.0GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor which is paired with Adreno 506 GPU & 3GB/4GB of RAM. The smartphone runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system with MIUI 9.2 on top of it and the smartphone has 32GB/64GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 128GB via microSD card.
On the camera side, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 features 12-megapixel rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size sensor, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, EIS and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with selfie flash.
SIM Card Support, and Connectivity Features
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 has Hybrid Dual SIM card slot and comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, 3.5mm headphone jack, and Micro-USB.
Dimensions, and Weight
The smartphone measures 158.5×75.45×8.05mm and weigh 180 grams.
The smartphone features metal unibody and there is a fingerprint sensor on the back.
The smartphone packs 4000mAh battery and comes with 5V/2A fast charging. The power adapter that comes with the smartphone has been designed for India.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 specifications
- Display:5.99-inch Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 2160 × 1080 pixels, 450 nits Brightness, 1000: 1 Contrast Ratio, and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor:2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Processor which is paired with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory:3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System:Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9
- Rear Camera:12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- Front Camera:5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 75.45 x 8.05mm
- Weight: 180g
- SIM Card Slot:Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Connectivity:4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery:4000mAh battery