Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest smartphone – Xiaomi Mi A3 at a starting price tag of Rs. 12,999 (249 Euros, US$ 279 approx). The Xiaomi Mi A3 is available in three colour options – “Not Just Blue”, “More Than White”, and “Kind of Gray” color options. The Mi A3 is available for order on Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Stores starting from August 23rd and will be available on offline stores too. The Xiaomi Mi A3 available in two options – 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage cost Rs. 12,999 (249 Euros, US $279 approx) while the 128GB variant cost Rs. 15,999 (279 Euros, US $312 approx). Originally, the Mi A3 is an Android One version of the CC9e smartphone that was introduced earlier this month in China, and a successor to last year’s Mi A2.
On the specifications front, the Mi A3 features 6.08-inch HD+ AMOLED display with a resolution of 1560 x 720 pixels and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The Mi A3 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor which is paired with Adreno 610 GPU & 4GB of RAM. The smartphone runs on Android 9.0 and the company has promised that MI A3 will be one of the first devices to get Android Q update. The smartphone has 64GB/128GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 256GB via microSD card.
On the camera side, the Mi A3 features a triple camera setup on the back – 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture while on the front there is 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture for selfie & video-calling.
The Mi A3 comes with seventh-gen in-display fingerprint scanner with a 15% increased fingerprint detection area and there is a gradient 3D curved glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and offers a holographic effect. The smartphone also has a splash-resistant P2i coating that prevents the phone from everyday splashes and spills.
The Mi A3 has hybrid SIM card slot and comes with connectivity features like Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C.
The Mi A3 packs a 4030mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 18W fast charging, but it comes with the 10W charger in the box.
Press Relaease Quote
Commenting on the launch, Raghu Reddy, Head of Categories and Online Sales, Xiaomi India said:
With the launch of Mi A3, we are excited to offer our Mi Fans yet another Android One phone with a number of incredible features. Among its several innovative offerings, Mi A3 has triple cameras on the rear featuring a 48MP IMX586 sensor, and also offers a beautiful design that facilitates one-handed usage. We are positive that our Mi Fans and users in India will make the most of the new Mi A3 with a wonderful experience in store for them.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Specifications
- Display: 6.08-inch HD+ AMOLED display with a resolution of 1560 x 720 pixels and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 Processor (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Rear-Camera: 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Front-Camera: 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack
- Infrared sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 156.48 × 71.85 × 8.47 mm
- Weight: 173.8g
- SIM Card Slot: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4030mAh battery with 18W Quick Charge