In an event in New Delhi, HMD Global has launched the company’s latest flagship smartphone – Nokia 8 in India at a price tag of 36,999. The smartphone comes in Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel, and Polished Copper colors and it will go sale on Amazon.in, starting from October 14th, 2017. Originally, the smartphone unveiled in London last month at a price tag of 599 Euros and the main highlight of the smartphone is that it comes with the dual-camera setup on the back.
Display, Processor, Operating System, and Memory
On the specifications front, the Nokia 8 features 5.3-inch Quad HD display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels at 554ppi pixel density and it is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The smartphone is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor which is paired with Adreno 530 GPU & 4GB of RAM. The smartphone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system and company promised that it will get monthly Android security update & also get Android O update. The smartphone has 64GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 256GB via microSD card.
On the photography side, the Nokia 8 features 13-megapixel dual rear camera – one with a color sensor while the other with a monochrome sensor for low light and dedicated black & white photography. The rear camera comes with ZEISS optics and OIS. The primary sensor comes with f/2.0 aperture, OIS, PDAF support, and IR range finder. On the front, there is a 13MP auto-focus front camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF & wide angle lens for selfie & video-calling. It has Dual-Sight technology that uses both front and back cameras simultaneously, fusing both images together into one photo or video file.
SIM Support, and Connectivity
The smartphone has Hybrid SIM card slot and comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
The smartphone has a full aluminum unibody design that is machined from a single block of 6000 series aluminum and then polished to a luxury mirror finish. The smartphone has IP54 rating making it splash proof and fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. The Nokia 8 comes with three microphones for audio recording and it uses Nokia OZO Audio technology that captures audio with 360-degree spatial surround sound.
Dimensions, and Weight
The smartphone measures 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm and weighs 160 grams. The smartphone is quite slim and has a thickness of 7.3mm, and on edges, it is 4.6mm thick.
The smartphone packs 3090mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support.
Nokia 8 specifications
- Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD LCD display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels at 554ppi pixel density and the display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Processor which is paired with Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System Android 7.1.1 Nougat, upgradable to Android O Orea
- SIM Slot: Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- Front Camera: 13MP auto focus front-facing camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Audio: 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- Battery: 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0