Asus officially announced the Mini version of the Asus Padfone – Asus Padfone Mini 4.3 in an event in Taipei at an initial price of NT$ 11,990 (~Rs. 24870) in Taiwan. It is available in Black, White and Cherry Pink colors and features 4.3-inch qHD Super IPS display with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels, powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 (MSM8226) processor with Adreno 305GPU along with 1GB of RAM & 16GB of internal storage and it runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Asus Padfone Mini has 8MP rear facing camera and 2MP front-facing camera. It packs a 1,500mAh battery and it is 8.68mm thick & weighs 105 grams.
The phone can be docked into the 7-inch Padfone station to convert it into a tablet. The docking station has a 7-inch (1,280 x 800 pixels) Super IPS display and packs a 2,200mAh battery. The docking station weighs 310 grams. The device would go on sale in Chine, Russia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Indonesia.
Asus Padfone mini 4.3 Specifications
- 4.3-inch (960×540 pixels) Super IPS display at 256 PPI
- 7-inch (1280×800 pixels) Super IPS display (Padfone station)
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 (MSM8226) processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 8 MP camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, aGPS and GLONASS
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, micro SD card slot (supports up to 64GB)0
- 1500 mAh battery (in phone)
- 2200 mAh battery (in Padfone station)