Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest budget smartphone in the Redmi series – Xiaomi Redmi 5A in India at a starting price tag of Rs. 5,999. The smartphone comes in Platinum Silver, Champagne Gold, & Rose Gold color. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart, Mi.com, Mi Home stores, and partners starting from December 7th, 2017. The smartphone comes in two variant – 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage cost Rs. 5,999 while the 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage cost Rs. 6,999. Originally, it was launched in China back in October 2017 and it is the successor of the Xiaomi Redmi 4A smartphone. The smartphone is touted as the “Desh Ka Smartphone” and all units sold in India will be ‘Made in India’. For a limited time, the first 5 million units of 2GB & 16GB internal storage cost Rs. 4,999. The company has partnered with Reliance Jio and under this partnership, the Xiaomi Redmi 5A users will get a cashback of Rs. 1,000. To avail the cashback offer, users have to recharge their number with Rs. 199 for 12 months.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A
Display, Processor, Memory, And Operating System
On the specifications front, the Xiaomi Redmi 5A features 5-inch HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and it is powered by quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor which is paired with Adreno 308 GPU & 2GB/3GB of RAM. The smartphone runs on Android 7.1 Nougat with MIUI 9 on top of it, and has an operating system with MIUI on top of it and has 16GB/32GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 128GB via microSD card.
The smartphone features 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2, PDAF, LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera for selfie & video-calling.
SIM Support, Connectivity Features, And Sensors
The smartphone has dual-SIM support and comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS. The smartphone comes with sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, and a proximity sensor.
The smartphone features unibody design with the Metal-like matte finish and IR blaster.
Dimensions, and Weight
The smartphone measures 140.4×70.1×8.35mm and weigh 137 grams.
The smartphone packs 3000mAh built-in battery, and offers 7-hours of video play & lasts up to 8 days of standby time.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Specifications
- Display:5-inch HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Processor:1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Processor which is paired with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- Memory:2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage,3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9
- Rear Camera: 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Infrared sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 mm x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 137g
- Connectivity:4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS