Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest smartphone in the Redmi series – Redmi 6 in China at a starting price tag of 799 Yuan (US $124). The Redmi 6 comes in Grey, Blue, Gold & Rose Gold colour and it will be available in China starting from June 15th, 2018. The Redmi 6 smartphone comes in two variant – 3GB RAM + 32GB Internal storage variant cost 799 (US $124) Yuan while the 4GB RAM + 64GB internal storage variant cost 999 Yuan (US $156). Originally, the Redmi 6 is the successor of Redmi 5 that was announced back in December last year. The Redmi 6 comes with key features like Face Unlock, 18:9 display, a horizontal dual camera setup, and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Features, and Specifications
Display, Processor, Memory, and Operating System
On the specifications front, the Xiaomi Redmi 6 features 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels, and 80.7% screen-to-body ratio. The Redmi 6 is powered by 2.0GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 12nm processor which is paired with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU and 3GB/4GB of RAM. The Redmi 6 runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system with MIUI 9 on top of it, upgradeable to MIUI 10 and has 32GB/64GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 256GB via microSD card slot.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Camera
On the camera side, the Xiaomi Redmi 6 features horizontal dual camera setup at the back – a 12-megapixel primary sensor with LED flash and a secondary 5-megapixel sensor for AI portrait shots. On the front, it has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, a 1.12-micron pixel, face unlock, AI portrait, and AI beautification features.
SIM Support, Connectivity Features, and Sensors
The Redmi 6 has Hybrid dual-SIM card support and comes with connectivity features like 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi, GPS/ A-GPS, and MicroUSB. The sensors on the smartphone include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, infrared, and proximity sensor.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Features
The Redmi 6 has polycarbonate back panel and a brushed metal surface. The smartphone also comes with a fingerprint sensor at the back.
Dimensions, and Weight
The Redmi 6 measures 147.5×71.5×8.3mm, and weighs 146 grams.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Battery
The Redmi 6 powered by a 3000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 specifications
- Display: 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Processor: 2.0GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9
- SIM Card Support: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 5MP camera
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, dual microphones
- Dimensions: 147.5×71.5×8.3mm
- Weight: 146g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 3000mAh