Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest smartphone in the Redmi series – Redmi 6A in China at a price tag of 599 Yuan (US $93). The Redmi 6A comes in Grey, Gold, Blue & Rose Gold colour and it will be available in China starting from June 15th, 2018. Originally, the Redmi 6A is the successor of Redmi 5A, and it comes with key features like 18:9 display, AI-driven Face Unlock capabilities, Xiao Ai digital assistant.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Features, and Specifications
Display, Processor, Memory, and Operating System
On the specifications front, the Xiaomi Redmi 6A features 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels, and a pixel density of 295 PPI. The Redmi 6A is powered by 2.0GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor which is paired with 2GB of RAM. The Redmi 6A runs on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system with MIUI 9 on top of it, upgradeable to MIUI 10 and has 16GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 256GB via microSD card slot. The smartphone has dedicated microSD card slot.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Camera
On the camera side, the Xiaomi Redmi 6A features 13-megapixel rear-camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, and PDAF. On the front, it has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, and AI portrait for selfie & video-calling.
SIM Support, Connectivity Features, and Sensors
The Redmi 6A has Hybrid dual-SIM card support and comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (only 2.4GHz), GPS/ A-GPS, and Micro-USB. The sensors on the smartphone include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, and proximity sensor.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Features
The Redmi 6A has polycarbonate back panel and a brushed metal surface. The Redmi 6A also supports face unlock and there is no fingerprint sensor.
Dimensions, and Weight
The Redmi 6A measures in at 147.5×71.5×8.3mm, and weighs 146 grams.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Battery
The Redmi 6A powered by a 3000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A specifications
- Display: 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Processor: 2.0GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9
- Rear Camera: 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: No
- Dimensions: 147.5×71.5×8.3mm
- Weight: 145g
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, dual microphones
- SIM Card Support: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 3000mAh