Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest budget selfie-focused smartphone in Y-series – Xiaomi Redmi Y3 in India at a starting price tag of Rs. 9,999. The Xiaomi Redmi Y3 comes in Elegant Blue, Bold Red and Prime Black colours and it will go on sale through Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from April 30th. The Xiaomi Redmi Y3 comes in two variant – 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage cost Rs. 9,999 while the 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage cost Rs. 11,999. Originally, the smartphone is the successor of Redmi Y2 that was launched last year and it comes with 1120GB of additional 4G data and unlimited calling for Airtel customers.
On the specifications front, the Xiaomi Redmi Y3 features 6.26-inch HD+ waterdrop notch display with a resolution of 1520 x 720 pixels, has aspect ratio of 19:9, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness and protected by 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the top. Under the hood, the Redmi Y3 is powered by 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor which is paired with Adreno 506 GPU and 3GB/4GB of RAM. The Redmi Y3 runs on Android 9.0 Pie operating system with MIUI 10 on top of it and has 32GB/64GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 512GB via microSD card.
On the camera side, the Redmi Y3 features a dual camera setup on the back – 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for capturing depth information in portrait shots and AI scene detection while on the front, there is 32-megapixel camera on the front with 4-in-1 pixel binning technology, AI portraits and AI face unlock.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y3 features a reflective finish with micro lines on the back with Aura Prism design that uses 7-layer process. The smartphone has P2i nano coating making it splash proof and there is a fingerprint sensor on the back.on the back.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y3 has dedicated dual-SIM support and dedicated microSD card. The smartphone comes with connectivity features like dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y3 packs a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Y3 Specifications
- Display: 6.26-inch HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 1520 × 720 pixels, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 processor which is paired with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- Rear Camera:12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 2MP camera for capturing the depth information in portrait shots and AI scene detection
- Front Camera:32MP front-facing camera with 1/2.8 sensor, 0.8µm pixel size, f/2.25 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Infrared sensor: Yes
- Splash resistant (P2i nano coating): Yes
- Dimensions: 158.73×75.58×8.47mm
- Weight: 180g
- Connectivity:Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS