In an event in New Delhi, Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest smartphone in Redmi Note series – Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 at a starting price tag of Rs. 9,999. The Redmi Note 7 comes in Onyx Black, Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue colours and the smartphone will go on sale exclusively on Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores starting from March 6th, 2019. The Redmi Note 7 comes in two variant – 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage cost Rs. 9,999 while the other variant with 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage cost Rs. 11,999. The Redmi Note 7 bundled with a protective case, and the company has introduced a perfortated case at Rs. 349. In addition to this, Xiaomi has patnered with Airtel to offer 1120GB additional 4G data.
On the specifications front, the Redmi Note 7 features 6.3-inch Full HD+ waterdrop notch display with a resolution of 2340 ×1080 pixels, 1.95mm narrow bezels, 81.73% screen-to-body ratio, and protected by 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The Redmi Note 7 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor which is paired with 3GB or 4GB of RAM. The Redmi Note 7 runs on Android Pie with MIUI 10 on top of it and has 32GB or 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded further up to 256GB via microSD card.
On the imaging side, the Redmi Note 7 features a dual camera setup on the back – 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX486 sensor with f/2.2 aperture along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and comes with AI features such as steady handheld night photography that will be enabled via OTA update. On the front, there is a 13-megapixel camera with AI beautify and AI portrait features as well as AI face unlock.
The Redmi Note 7 features P2i nano coating making it splashproof and there is a fingerprint sensor on the back.
The Redmi Note 7 has dual-SIM support and comes with connectivity features like Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, and USB Type-C.
The Redmi Note 7 packs a 4000mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 for 18W fast charging. You have to get the fast charger separately since it comes with 10W charger.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Specifications
- Display:6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LTPS in-cell display with a resolution of 2340 ×1080 pixels, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor:Octa Core Snapdragon 660 processor (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- Memory:3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System:Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- Rear Camera:12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- Front Camera:13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor:Yes
- IR sensor:Yes
- Splash proof (P2i nano coating):Yes
- Audio:3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA TAS2563
- Dimensions: 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 186g
- Connectivity:Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery:4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4