Sony Mobile has announced the new Android smartphone for large screen entertainment – Xperia T2 Ultra. The smartphone comes in two variants, Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia T2 Ultra dual-sim models at a mid-range price point. Sony Xperia T2 Ultra smartphones with 6-inch big screen will compete against the likes of the Samsung Galaxy Mega and Huawei Ascend Mate.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra smartphone features a 6.0-inch HD TRILUMINOS display with 1280×720 resolution display and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2. It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon chipset with 1GB of RAM and runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The T2 Ultra smartphone has 8GB of internal storage, with the option to expand this up to 32GB via microSD. There is a 13 megapixel Exmor RS camera on the back and a 1.1 megapixel Exmor R camera on the front. It packs a large 3,000mAh battery with Sony’s Battery STAMINA mode.
The phone will be available in two variants, the single SIM T2 Ultra and the dual-SIM T2 Ultra dual. The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra dual lets users set up both SIM cards independently with custom ring tones and one-touch switching between SIMs before making calls or sending texts. users can keep both SIMs active at all times. The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra will offer 4G LTE connectivity and come with NFC.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia T2 Ultra Dual key specifications
- Display: 6-inch HD display (720p) with TRILUMINOSTM and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 for mobile
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor, Adreno 305 GPU
- Body: 7.65mm thick and weighs 170 grams (dual-sim option in T2 Ultra dual smartphone)
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage (Micro SD slot expandable up to 32GB)
- Camera: 13 MP rear camera with Exmor RS for mobile, 1.1 Mp front facing HD camera
- Operating System: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n ( 2.4 GHz/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- Other Features: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- Battery: 3000 mAh embedded battery with Battery STAMINA Mode
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra will bring large-screen entertainment with combination of advanced display and camera technologies. “Its large HD display will deliver big screen entertainment on the go whilst the efficiency of the design will allow it to remain the worlds most portable large screen smartphone,” said Calum MacDougall, Director of Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications.
Sony says the Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia T2 Ultra is aimed for emerging markets with China, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Both the smartphones come in Black, White and Purple colors. There is no word on pricing or availability yet.