OnePlus has launched the company’s latest smartphone globally including India in its VR event at a price tag of Rs. 27,999 (US $399). The OnePlus 3 comes in Graphite colour version and will be available exclusively on Amazon.in in open sale model, starting tomorrow, June 15 at 12:30 AM IST.
Commenting on the launch, OnePlus Founder and CEO Pete Lau, said:
“We know that the best smartphone is the one that works exactly how you want it to. The OnePlus 3 delivers that experience. It combines what our customers already love about our products with what they want and expect next. For example, Dash Charge sets a new standard for fast charging technology. It’s a flagship smartphone inspired by – and made for – our fans.”
Vikas Agarwal, General Manager at OnePlus India added:
“India has always been a special market for us and we are thrilled to launch the OnePlus 3 for our Indian users simultaneously with the rest of the world. We are confident the phone will bode well with the expectations of the Indian fans, who will now have an easier time experiencing the OnePlus 3 since we have gone ‘invite free’. We are also introducing a line up of attractive accessories and exclusive partner offers to make the user experience even more enriching.”
On the specifications front, it features 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels & 0.75mm slim bezels on the sides and also has 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by a 2.15GHz quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC which is paired with Adreno 530 GPU & 6GB LPDDR4 RAM. It runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Oxygen OS 3.0.2 and has 64GB (UFS 2.0) in-built memory.
On the imaging front, it features 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) for quick focus in 0.2 seconds, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), RAW image support, manual mode and has 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual-SIM support and connectivity features like 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C.
It packs 3000mAh battery with Dash Charge technology that can charge the phone up to 60% in just 30 minutes with the 5V-4A charger.
It has a anodized aluminium unibody design, has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in under 0.3 seconds. It has OnePlus’s signature alert slider that allows you to switch between notification profiles: All, Priority and None.
OnePlus 3 Launch Offers
- 12 months of Saavn Pro. Unlimited, ad-free music downloads and exclusive Saavn originals
- 12 months of accidental damage protection with OnePlus Care
- 12 months of double data for Idea customers
- Rs. 500 ebook promotion credits – Download and sign in to the Kindle app
OnePlus 3 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD Optic AMOLED display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and protected by 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) storage
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Oxygen OS 3.0
- Rear-Camera: 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, 1.12 micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 4K video recording at 30 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- Front-Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX179 sensor, 1.4 micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 152.7×74.7×7.35mm
- Weight: 158g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Dash Charge
Prices Compared Across The World