Motorola has launched its flagship smartphone – Moto X – in India in partnership with the online retailer Flipkart. As with the Moto G, the Moto X smartphone will be exclusively available via the e-commerce website Flipkart. The Moto X will be available in five colors in India – black, white, turquoise, blue and red. The wooden back versions will also be offered in future in teak and walnut pattern. The phone will only be offered in 16GB capacity. The five color variants are priced at Rs. 23,999 while the models with wood finish (walnut and teak) have been priced at Rs 25,999.
Flipkart also has some launch day offers such as INR 1,000 cachback for those who purchase on a 6-month EMI, flat 70% off on Moto X cases if purchased along with the phone, and 10 random lucky customers will get 100% cashback on their purchase. As per the listings on Flipkart, only the Moto X variants in white and black colours are available for purchase at present at Rs. 23,999. The other versions can only be pre-ordered at present and will be delivered to buyers in the second week of April.
Motorola Moto X Specifications
- Dispaly: 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: 1.7 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with Adreno 320 GPU
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- Operating System: Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Camera: 10MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP front-facing camera
- Video: 1080p HD video recording at 30fps, 1080p Full HD video playback
- Body: 5.7 -10.4mm thick (curve) and weighs 130 grams
- Other Features: 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 2200 mAh battery
The Moto X will be only available in 16GB variant, as the Flipkart earlier revealed that the 32GB variant of the Moto X is not headed to India just yet. In addition, Motorola also has not rolled out the Moto Maker online tool in India, which allows buyers to customized their Moto X smartphone at the time of ordering.