Metis Learning and Intel India has launched the Eddy G70 tablet in India at an initial price tag of Rs. 9,999. The tablet is exclusively available on Amazon India and it is the successor of Eddy that was launched earlier this year. It is targeted for kids between the age group 2-10 years. As of now, there is launch offers available worth of Rs. 4,500 for a limited time.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Sandeep Arora, Director, Marketing and Market Development, Intel South Asia said,
“Today we live in an era where children are exposed to technology from their early years through the inevitable presence of multiple screens in their lives. When used efficiently and effectively technology truly be a wonderful part of a child’s life. The Eddy powered by the Intel® Atom™ processor combines an ideal balance of performance and battery life coupled with strong learning content to provide an innovative and exciting solution for kids.”
Mr. Bharat Gulia and Ms Chanpreet Arora, Co-founders of Metis Learning Solutions added,
“As parents, we wanted to develop a product that can leverage the tremendous power of technology to help children learn better. Eddy achieves this and also provides a responsible solution which parents can trust.”
Samir Kumar, Director Category Management, Amazon India said,
“We are happy to be the partner of choice for Intel & Metis and offer our customers the opportunity to be the first to purchase the Eddy tablet. We are witnessing a significant demand for children’s products on Amazon.in and we see this as a great opportunity to offer customers across India the ease, convenience & joy of shopping for a great product that promises to make learning fun for kids.”
On the specifications front, it has 7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 600 x 1024 pixels and it is powered by dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor which is paired with 1GB of RAM. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Athena OS on top, Athena OS is specifically created for children and it has 16GB in-built memory which can be expanded further up to 32GB via microSD card.
On the imaging front, it has 2MP front-camera and 2MP rear-camera.
It has connectivity options like 3G (via dongle), Wi-Fi, mini HDMI out, USB OTG
It packs 2800mAh and according to company claims it lasts for 5 hours.
Features of Metis Eddy G70 tablet
- The Eddy tablet powered by Intel Atom processor is the smartest, safest and strongest tablet for kids ever to hit the market
- It’s the Smartest tablet which comes pre-loaded with over 160 of the world’s best learning apps selected by educators and experts to accelerate a child’s social, emotional and cognitive development;
- Eddy’s preloaded content covers over 300 key skills which a child needs to learn between the ages of 2 to 10, and children get access to content relevant for their age;
- Eddy has partnerships with Google’s top education app developers including Intellijoy, Tipitap, iStoryBooks and many others to ensure best-in-class learning content.
- Eddy’s proprietary Athena OS provides children a completely safe environment and allow for robust parental controls, including time discipline, usage reports and kid-safe internet browsing;
- All content on the tablet is violence-free;
- Eddy’s screen is ophthalmologist approved, and ensures UV ray protection and lower eyestrain compared to other screens.
- It’s the Strongest tablet
- Eddy’s specially designed screen is scratch proof and impact resistant, with a 9H hardness level
- It also comes with high quality drop-safe bumper made of food grade silicone bumper to prevent damage from falls
Metis Eddy G70 specifications
|Specifications||Metis Eddy G70 Tablet|
|Display||7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 600 x 1024 pixels|
|Processor||dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor|
|Memory||1GB of RAM, 16GB of in-built memory which can be expanded further up to 32GB via microSD card|
|Operating System||Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS with Athena OS on top|
|Camera||2MP rear-camera and 2MP front-camera|
|Connectivity||3G (via dongle), Wi-Fi, mini HDMI out, USB OTG|