In an event in New Delhi, Lenovo has launched the company’s latest affordable smartphone – Lenovo A5 at a starting price tag of ₹ 5,999. The Lenovo A5 comes in Black and Gold colour and it will be available exclusively on Flipkart. The Lenovo A5 comes in two variants – 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage cost ₹ 5,999 while the 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage variant cost ₹ 6,999.
On the specifications front, the Lenovo A5 features 5.45-inch HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 720 x 1,440 pixels at an aspect ratio of 18:9. The smartphone is powered by 1.5GHz Quad-Core 64-bit
On the camera side, the Lenovo A5 comes with 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash and 8-megapixel front camera for selfie and video calling.
The Lenovo A5 flaunts a metal body and there is a fingerprint sensor on the back. The front camera supports face unlock too.
The Lenovo A5 has dual-SIM support and comes with
The Lenovo A5 measures 158.3 × 76.7 × 8.5mm and weighs 176 grams.
The Lenovo A5 packs a 4000mAh battery.
Press Release Quote
Speaking at the launch, Edward Chang, Vice President, Lenovo, said:
“Over the past year, we have taken time to assess the robust India market to understand the changing dynamics of the Indian consumer through our partnership with Flipkart. Our extensive research says Indians want a seamless processor, great camera and sleek design among other things. We have witnessed that very few trusted brands actually provide these features with quality assurance and affordable pricing. The A5
havebeen co-created using Flipkart’s keen insights and taking into consideration our customers’ dynamic requirements. Our range of smartphones aredesigned to cater to the real need of the evolving Indian consumer.”
Ajay Veer Yadav, Vice President, Mobiles, and Large Appliances, Flipkart said:
“We are delighted to have partnered with Lenovo in their 2.0 journey in India. It is exciting to see Lenovo back with a very aggressive product portfolio with festive season around the corner. 55% of our business comes from tier 2 cities and beyond and hence, using real insights, the new Lenovo products are sure to appeal to the Indian needs. We are glad to offer the latest in smartphone technology at an affordable price and are confident the new Lenovo product suite will resonate with our customers. ”
Lenovo A5 Specifications
- Display:5.45-inch HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels at an aspect ratio of 18:9
- Processor:1.5GHz Quad-Core MediaTek MT6739 64-bit processor which is paired with PowerVR Rogue GE8100 GPU
- Memory:2GB RAM with 16GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System:Android 8.1 Oreo
- Rear Camera:13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera:8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint Sensor:Yes
- Dimensions:158.3 × 76.7 × 8.5mm
- SIM Support:Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Connectivity:4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS