Earlier this month, Asus has announced the Zenfone 3 Max in India and now today, ASUS has announced their plans to manufacture Zenfone 3 Max in India. The smartphone will be manufactured at the facility in Daman (Union Territory of Daman & Diu). The production of Zenfone 3 Max will start from December 2016. This will be the third smartphone to be locally manufactured by ASUS after it initiated production of Zenfone 2 Laser and Zenfone Go, last year.
Commenting on the announcement, Peter Chang, Region Head – South Asia & Country Manager for ASUS India said:
“Besides our headquarters, Taiwan, India is amongst the most important markets for us and we are constantly looking to strengthen our presence and operations in the country. We are excited to announce another smartphone that will be manufactured locally, apart from Zenfone 2 Laser and Zenfone Go. India is on its way to becoming a world leader in mobile phone manufacturing and we are proud to contribute to such a dynamic economy.”
Salient features of Zenfone 3 Max:
· Beautiful design: Elegant sandblasted aluminum-alloy metallic body, 2.5D contoured glass touchscreen and diamond-cut edges
· Advanced camera: Excellent 16MP/13MP PixelMaster camera with industry leading Backlight (Super HDR), Super Resolution and Low Light modes for stunning photographs
· Extreme battery life: All-day talk time from a powerful, yet compact 4100mAh lithium-polymer battery
· Remarkable reverse charging capability: OTG cable provided in-box for charging other devices as well as for file transfers
· Responsive Fingerprint Sensor: Fingerprint sensor that registers 5 fingers, unlocks in 0.3 Sec, 360 Degree Recognition and Camera Integration
In line with ASUS’ ‘design thinking’ philosophy, the elegantly designed Zenfone 3 Max has a finely sandblasted aluminum-alloy body with rounded edges, 2.5D contoured display glass touchscreen and diamond-cut chamfered edges. The smartphone features extraordinary 16MP/8MP (5.5”- ZC553KL) and 13MP/5MP (5.2”-ZC520TL) rear + front cameras that deliver crystal clear images. The 16MP f2.0 camera of the Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL also features an advanced triple technology autofocus system – laser, phase detection and conventional contrast detection for continuous auto-focus – which ensures a superfast focus time of 0.03 seconds. It also has an electronic image stabilization (EIS) system that counteracts hand movements to ensure the resulting videos are stable and shake-free. Both versions are equipped with a 4100 mAh lithium-polymer battery that allows users to use the phone for a full working day and beyond. The product comes with an OTG cable for reverse charging and File Transfers. To ensure that the phone is secure, the smartphone has a fingerprint sensor that registers up to five separate fingerprints, and accurately detects fingerprints regardless of the orientation of the finger on the sensor in as swiftly as 0.3 seconds.
The two variants of Zenfone 3 Max, will be available in three stunning metallic colours – Titanium Gray, Glacier Silver, and Sand Gold, by end November ’16.