Ahead of CES, Acer has announced the Iconia B1-720/721 Android tablets along with the Iconia A1-830 tablet and Liquid Z5 smartphone. The Iconia B1-720 (Wi-Fi) and B1-721 (3G) have the same features apart from one, the first is a Wi-Fi variant and the second one is a 3G model. Both the tablets features a a 7-inch capacitive touch screen 10-point multi-touch display and powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM.
The Acer Iconia B1-720/721 tablets comes with 16GB of internal storage and expandable up to 32GB via microSD. Both the tablets runs on Android OS. The Iconia B1-721 has 3G support and the Iconia B1-720 comes with WiFi. Both the tablet will come in Black and White colors.
Acer Iconia B1-720/B1-721 key specifications
- Display: 7-inch capacitive multi-touch display
- Processor: 1.3 GHz dual-core processor
- OS: Android Jelly Bean OS
- Camera: VGA front-facing camera
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 32 via microSD
- Connectivity: 3G (B1-721 only),Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- Other Features: 3.5mm audio jack, microphone jack, front-facing speaker
- Battery: Up to 5 hours
Price and Availability
The Acer Iconia B1-720 (Wi-Fi) will price at €129 (~ £107, ~ RS11,000) and be available mid-January. The Acer Iconia B1-721 (3G) will be priced at €179 (~ Rs15250) and be on sale by the end of January. Both the tablet comes with an optional protective case.