Xiaomi has announced the company’s latest smartphone in Redmi Series – Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro in India at a starting price tag of Rs. 27,999. The Redmi K20 Pro is available in Flame Red, Glacier Blue, and Carbon Fiber Black color and available on Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home starting from July 22nd. The Redmi K20 Pro comes in 2 variants – 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage cost Rs. 27,999 while the 8GB RAM with 256GB internal storage cost Rs. 30,999.
On the specifications front, the Redmi K20 Pro features 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels at an aspect ratio of 19.5:9, 91.9% screen-to-body ratio and the display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on top of it. The Redmi K20 Pro is powered by Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 processor which is paired with Adreno 640 GPU and 6GB/8GB RAM. The smartphone has 8 layers of graphite 3D sheet for better heat dissipation and Game Tube 2.0. The smartphone runs on Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10 on top of it and has 128GB/256GB internal storage.
On the camera side, the Redmi K20 Pro features a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 8-megapixel telephoto lens for 2x lossless zoom and a 124.8° ultra-wide sensor. On the front, there is a 20-megapixel pop-up front camera with a sapphire lens cover that can rise in 0.8 seconds, and the rising mechanism has been tested 300,000 times.
The Redmi K20 Pro has 2.1mm narrow bezels and has a seventh-generation optical in-display fingerprint sensor with 3P lens that is equivalent to a 7.2μm macro camera, it is 100% higher than the previous generation’s photosensitive area, and the finger area is also increased by 15%, which can capture the fingerprint optical signal better. The phone features a 3D curved design, and on the back, there is a flame pattern in blue and red, while in the black version you will find unique kevlar gradient texture.
The Redmi K20 Pro has dual-SIM support and comes with connectivity features like Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C.
The Redmi K20 Pro packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 27W fast charging and it lets you charge the smartphone up to 58% in half an hour.
Redmi K20 Pro Specifications
- Display:6.39-inch Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR display with a resolution of 2340 × 1080 pixels and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor:Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- Memory:6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Rear-Camera: 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, 8MP 1/4″ OV8856 telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture for 2x lossless zoom, 13MP 1/3″ Samsung S5K3L6 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Front-Camera:20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 0.8μm
- Fingerprint Type: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7×74.3×8.8mm
- Weight: 191g
- Audio:3.5mm audio jack, Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip
- SIM Support:Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Connectivity:Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery:4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging