Microsoft has finally launched its Outlook Web app for Android, a pre-release of the OWA mobile app to Android phones now available in the Google Play store. The OWA app is already available on iOS devices. OWA mobile app lets users access their mail, calendar and contacts while on the go.
Using OWA mobile app user can triage email, manage your schedule, and sync contacts on the go, while protecting your business data. Here are a quick look to all the features of Outlook Web Access app which you can do using your phone:
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories.
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites.
- Use inline apps for shipment tracking, Bing maps for addresses, and other great features.
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder features.
- View shared calendars, including delegate support.
- Use your voice to look up a contact or retrieve your schedule
- Use OWA for Android to sync your contacts to your phone.
- Update your contacts’ information from your phone’s address book, which will then be synced back to your mailbox.
- Keep business data secure
- Use remote wipe if your phone is lost or stolen. It erases only your corporate date and leaves your personal data on the device alone.
Requirements to use OWA for Android:
- Device is running Android 4.4 KitKat or higher
- Mailbox is running on the latest version of Office 365 for business
OWA for Android now available on select devices in a pre-release, support to new devices will be added regularly so if your device isn’t supported right now, check back often. You can also vote here for your device to get the OWA for Android support with next update.
Download OWA (pre-release) mobile app for Android (free)
Source: Office Blog