IN an event in Brooklyn, New York OnePlus has announced the company’s latest smartphone – OnePlus 5T at a price tag of US $499 (Rs. 32,999). The smartphone comes in Midnight Black color and will be available exclusively on Amazon.in starting from November 21st for Prime customers, OnePlus India Online Store, and OnePlus experience store in Bangalore as a part of early access sale. Later on, it will be available on open sale from OnePlus India Online Store, Amazon.in, OnePlus Experience Stores from November 28th, 2017. The OnePlus 5T comes in two variants – 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage cost US $499 (Rs.32,999) while the 8GB RAM with 128GB internal storage cost US $599 (Rs. 37,999). Originally, the OnePlus 5T is the successor of OnePlus 5 that was launched back in June.
The OnePlus 5T comes with launch offers like
- Users having HDFC Bank debit/credit cards will get Rs. 15,00 instant discount on Amazon.in until December 2
- Users buying OnePlus 5T will be eligible for a complimentary 12-month accidental damage insurance by Servify. To be eligible for a complimentary 12-month accidental service, they have to download the Kotak 811 app and after that they have to activate a savings account with an initial deposit of Rs. 1,000 in the introductory period.
- The OnePlus 5T customers will get 100GB of data from Idea.
Display, Processor, Memory, and Operating System
On the specifications front, the OnePlus 5T features 6.01-inch Full HD+ Optic AMOLED 18:9 display with a resolution of 2106 x 1080 pixels and the display is protected by 1.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The smartphone is powered by 2.45GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 64-bit processor which is paired with Adreno 540 GPU & 6GB/8GB of LPDDR4x RAM. The smartphone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system with Oxygen OS 4.7 on top of it, upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo and has 64GB/128GB internal storage.
OnePlus 5T Camera:
On the photography front, the smartphone features dual rear camera setup – a 16-megapixel primary rear camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 and 20-megapixel secondary rear camera with f/1.7 for better low-light photography and improved depth-of-field (bokeh) effect that blurs backdrops in portrait mode & offers crisp zoom. The smartphone comes with 16-megapixel front-facing camera for selfie & video-calling, but this has new face recognition feature to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds.
SIM Support, Connectivity Features, And Sensors
The smartphone has Hybrid Dual SIM card slot and comes with connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC. The smartphone comes with sensors like accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and an RGB sensor.
OnePlus 5T Features
The smartphone is made of Anodized Aluminium unibody metal design and fingerprint sensor placed on the back that unlocks the phone in just 0.2 seconds. With fingerprint sensor, the user can take a selfie by long pressing it. The smartphone comes with Face Unlock feature and it is based on advanced facial recognition algorithms that use over 100 facial features identity points to “securely unlock” that smartphone in 0.4 seconds. The smartphone also comes with new features like Reading Mode, Parallel Apps, Gallery Maps, and several customizations. The smartphone features a new “Sunlight Display” that adapts automatically to harsh light.
Dimensions, and Weight
The smartphone measures 156.1×75.0x7.3mm and weighs 162 grams.
OnePlus 5T Battery
The smartphone packs 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge technology and promises a day of battery life with half an hour of charge.
Press Release Quote
Commenting on the launch, OnePlus Founder and CEO Pete Lau, said:
“The feedback on the OnePlus 5 has been very positive, but there were some areas where we saw room for improvement to create an even better user experience. We love nothing more than offering our community the latest and greatest technology and a user experience to beat expectations. Once again, we’ve worked hard to refine every last detail.”
Commenting on the launch, Manish Tiwary, Vice President, Category Management, Amazon India, said:
“Amazon.in has successfully brought the flagship OnePlus smartphone devices to Indian customers, reiterating our long-term exclusive partnership with the brand since 2014, we are thrilled to offer our customers exclusive access to yet another impressive smartphone, the OnePlus 5T. This smartphone comes with Full Optic AMOLED display & an enhance camera performance in low-light. Smartphones are one of the fastest growing product lines and have repeatedly been a top selling category on Amazon.in.”
OnePlus 5T specifications
- Display: 6.01-inch Full HD+ Optic AMOLED display with a resolution of 2106 x 1080 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, and protected by 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1 ), 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Oxygen OS 4.7, upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Rear Camera: 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony IMX398 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with f/1.7 aperture, Sony IMX376K sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- Front Camera: 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 156.1x75x7.3mm
- Weight: 162g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V 4A)