MediaTek has finally launched the MT6592 octa-core processor for smartphones & tablets. MediaTek MT6592 also touted as the world’s first true octa-core processor. Earlier the processor revealed back in July and now the company announce the detailed specifications of the processor. For your information, it used Heterogenous Multi-Processing (HMP) in CPU and each core clocked up to 2GHz and all eight core run simultaneously.
According to Jeffery Ju, MediaTek General Manager, Smartphone Business Unit,
“We are thrilled to offer the new MT6592 to our customers as part of our ongoing commitment to providing inclusive mobile technology. The MT6592 delivers longer battery life, low-latency response times and the best possible mobile multimedia experience. Being the first to market with this advanced eight-core SOC is testament to the industry-leading position of MediaTek.”
MediaTek partner Intex will launch their first smartphone in India with this Octa-Core chip and Gameloft has also announced that the upcoming Modern Combat game would be optimized for this Octa-Core chip & offers extended performance and graphics. In addition to this, MediaTek MT6592 True Octa-Core chip is expected to be available on devices running Android Jelly Bean by the 2013-end and the first device running Android 4.4 Kitkat will be arriving in early 2014.
MediaTek MT6592 key features
- Based on 28nm HPM high-performance process
- ARM Cortex-A7 processor in an octa-core configuration that can clock up to 2 GHz per core
- An advanced MediaTek scheduling algorithm monitors temperature and power consumption to ensure optimum performance at all times
- Includes quad-core graphics engine, an advanced video playback system supporting Ultra-HD 4Kx2K H.264 video playback and support for new video codecs such as H.265 and VP9
- Features MediaTek ClearMotion technology for automatic frame-rate conversion of standard 24/30fps video to high-quality 60fps videos for significantly smoother playback
- Incorporates multi-mode cellular modem and a full connectivity capability for dual-band 801.11n Wi-Fi, Miracast screen-sharing as well as Bluetooth, GPS and FM tuner
- Uses a Heterogeneous Computing (HC) architecture, distributing the workload to different kinds of processors and other specialized computing engines to optimize performance
- Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- Supports up to 16-megapixel camera
- Support for Full HD 1080p displays