LG has announced second-generation Pocket Photo, it’s new smart mobile printer – the LG Pocket Photo 2. LG Pocket Photo 2 is a smart wireless mobile photo printer that can print photos on the go from your smartphone. The LG’s new wallet printer is thinner, more powerful, and has become more convenient with more features.
LG’s Pocket Photo 2 is slightly thinner than its predecessor and is just 20mm thick, 4mm thinner than the first Photo printer and has a slim design for better portability. LG pocket Photo 2 is said to have an improved battery life to print 30 photos on one charge. The printing resolution is also improved, it can print images at a resolution of 300 x 600 dpi (dots per inch).
LG’s Pocket Photo 2 is compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows 8 operating systems. You can pair up these devices via Bluetooth or NFC and print your photos immediately. The Pocket Photo 2 comes with a dedicated app, you can edit the photo in the app, add filters, effects and frames. You can also add QR codes and text to images before printing, as well as filters for the Instagram generation. Pocket Photo 2 dedicated app for Android and the iPhone can be downloaded from Google Play Store and iTunes respectively.
The Pocket Photo 2 doesn’t use ink cartridges or toner, instead it works on “Zink” — meaning “zero ink” — printing technology. Zink printing technology utilizes heat to activate the necessary color-forming chemistry imbedded in each sheet of paper. “Compared to conventional printing processes, ZINK’s inkless paper system preserves images for longer and produces less smearing,” according to LG.
LG’s Pocket Photo 2 is set to be shown in detail at CES 2014 on 7 January and will be launched in Korea sometime in mid-January for an unspecified price before it rolls out globally. The global roll out would follow soon after. The Pocket Photo 2 would be available in Pink, White and Yellow colors.
Key Features of LG’s Pocket Photo 2
- Thinner and slim design with more powerful and enhanced performance.
- Dimensions of 76 mm x 120 mm x 20 mm.
- Printing resolution of 313 x 600 dpi (dots per inch).
- Use zero-ink technology, doesn’t use ink cartridges or toner.
- Works with Android, iOS and Windows 8 operating systemm.
- Bluetooth and NFC connectivity.
- With Pocket photo app, edit the photo in the app, add filters, effects and frames.
- Add QR codes and text messages to images before printing.
- Ability to split photos into four sections for physical cutting, and sharing images to social media from the mobile app.
- Available colors – pink, white and yellow.
- Improved battery life to print 30 photos on one charge.