It took a long time to appear but the Nexus 4 has finally released in India officially by LG Electronics. The phone was announced back in October last year, designed collaboratively by LG and Google. The Nexus 4, the newest smartphone in the Nexus line-up from Google, priced at Rs. 25,999.
“LG Electronics is pleased to partner Google on the release of the Nexus 4 in India. We added the best of our talent to our strength, and the result is a feature packed smartphone that packs superb hardware under a slim hood. With LG Nexus 4, consumers would be delighted by the perfectly balanced combination of style, function and power. The smartphone encourages consumers to explore a world of possibilities and also helps them balance between business and entertainment,” Soon Kwon, Managing Director, LG Electronics India, said.
The Nexus 4 priced at Rs 25, 999 for the 16 GB version and will be available at selected LG exclusive brand shops, Multi brand outlets and speciality stores across India. For now, LG had announced details about only the model with 16GB internal storage and not about the 8GB one, which could be cheaper by at least a few thousands rupees.
Nexus 4 has a 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus display, powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, has 2GB RAM. It has an 8MP primary camera, and a 1.3MP front camera. The smartphone is built on fastest version of the Android operating system, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Google’s phones receive Android OS updates immediately after launch.
Nexus 4 Key Specifications
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs
- Operating System: Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
- Network: 3G (WCDMA), HSPA+
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels)
- Memory: 16GB
- RAM: 2GB
- Camera: 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP HD front
- Battery: 2,100mAh Li-Polymer (embedded) / Talk time: 15.3 hours / Standby: 390 hours
- Size: 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 139g
- Wireless charging
- 3G HSPA+ 42, Bluetooth 3.0/USB /2.0HS /WiFI 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual Band)
- GPS with GLONASS Support/ Slimport/ NFC (Android Beam)