In an event in New York, LG has announced the company’s latest flagship smartphone – LG G7 ThinQ. The smartphone comes in New Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue, and Raspberry Rose colours and it will be rolled out in coming days in South Korea followed by major markets in North America, Europe, Latin America & Asia. The LG G7 ThinQ is the successor of last year LG G6 and according to company claims, the smartphone is designed to meet the requirements of MIL-STD 810G tests designed by the United States military to evaluate the performance of equipment in harsh environments. Additionally, the company also announced the second variant of the smartphone – LG G7+ ThinQ.
LG G7 ThinQ Specifications
Display, Processor, Memory, and Operating System
On the specifications front, the LG ThinQ 7 features 6.1-inch QHD+ 19.5:9 FullVision LCD Super Bright display with a resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels and the display can be viewed easily even under direct sunlight with brightness up to 1,000 nits, displaying 100 percent DCI-P3 color gamut. When compared with LG G6, the bottom bezel is almost 50 percent slimmer. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and it is paired with Adreno 550 GPU & runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with LG UX on top of it. The LG G7 ThinQ packs 4GB of RAM and has 64GB internal storage while the LG G7+ ThinQ packs 6GB of RAM and has 128GB internal storage, internal storage on both variants can be expanded further up to 2TB via microSD card.
LG G7 ThinQ Camera
On the camera side, the LG ThinQ 7 features dual camera setup on the rear – 16-megapixel super wide-angle lens with f/1.9 aperture, and a 16-megapixel standard angle lens with f/1.6 aperture. The dual-camera setup boasts a host of AI features and offers 19 shooting modes, up from eight. There is also a new “Super Bright Camera” mode, which comes into action when conditions are extremely dark and enhances images up to four times by the combination of pixel binning & software processing. On the front, the smartphone features 8-megapixel wide-angle sensor with f/1.9 aperture & 80-degree lens for selfie & video-calling.
LG G7 ThinQ Features
The smartphone features Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the back and polished metal rim. On the durability side, the smartphone comes with IP68 certification for water & dust resistance and meets MIL-STD 810G requirements. In terms of audio, the LG G7 ThinQ comes with advanced audio chips, Boombox Speaker, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, and 7.1 channel DTS:X 3D Surround Sound. The smartphone features a dedicated Google Assistant button and the Super Far-Field Voice Recognition that lets you hear your voice anywhere in the room up to 5 meters. The smartphone also comes with fingerprint sensor & face recognition support.
SIM Support, and Connectivity Features
The smartphone has dual-SIM support and comes with connectivity features like Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0 BLE, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible), NFC, FM Radio, and GPS. There is no 3.5mm headphone hack on the smartphone.
Dimensions, and Weight
The smartphone measures 153.2×71.9×7.9mm and weigh 162 grams.
LG G7 ThinQ Battery
The smartphone packs 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 and comes with wireless charging support.
LG G7 ThinQ Quick Specifications
- Display: 6.1-inch 19.5:9 FullVision Super Bright IPS Display with a resolution of 3120 x 1440 pixels and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processor with Adreno 630 GPU
- Memory: LG G7 ThinQ – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage / LG G7+ ThinQ – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo with LG UX
- Rear Camera: 16MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, secondary 16MP camera with 107-degree super-wide-angle lens with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP front camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes
- Dedicated Google Assistant button: Yes
- Others: Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dimensions: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 162g
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Boombox Speaker
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 BLE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging