Huawei has officially launched the company’s latest tablet – Huawei MediaPad M2 and there is no word on the pricing yet. It has unibody metal build, dual speakers with harman/kardon audio, HIFI Codec Hi6402 for signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of 114dB, Smart Power Amplifier (PA) and Clari-Fi real audio technology offering enhanced audio experience for music, games and movies. The SWS 2.0 promises wider sound field by creating 180-degrees surround sound and a broader stereo effect. It comes in Gold and Silver colour and will be roll out first in China, Western Europe and the South Pacific. Later on it will be available in Russia, North and Eastern Europe and Japan. It comes with optional magnetic smart cover that doubles up as a stand for convenient viewing.
On the specifications front, it features 8-inch Full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels and it is powered by 2GHz Kirin 930 64-bit Octa-Core processor which is paired diwth Mali-T628 MP4 GPU & 2GB/3GB of RAM. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1 on top of it and has 16GB/16GB in-built memory which can be expanded further up to 128GB by using microSD card.
On the imaging front, it features 8-megapixel auto-focus rear-camera with LED flash and 2-megapixel front-facing camera for selfie & video-calling.
It has connectivity features like 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / aGPS
It packs 4800mAh battery.
Huawei MediaPad M2 8.0 specifications
- Display: 8-inch (1920 × 1200 pixels) IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Processor: 2GHz Kirin 930 64-bit Octa-Core processor with Mali-T628 MP4 GPU
- Memory: 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB / 16GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB
- Operating System: Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1
- Camera: 8MP auto focus rear Camera with LED flash and 2MP front-facing Camera
- Dimensions: 214.8 x 124 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 330g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / aGPS
- Battery: 4800 mAh