BBM for iOS released ahead of official released date and now today, BlackBerry announced that BBM for iOS and Android will be rolled out in phased manner. Already BBM for iOS released and now BBM for Android released and it is available for download in the Google Play Store (download link available at the end of the post).
According to release notes,
The OFFICIAL version of BBM™ from BlackBerry is now here for Android. Get the free BBM app for the best way to stay connected with friends and family. Download it now.
Chat with friends on Android, BlackBerry and iPhone:
• BBM is always on and always connected – no app to open
• Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
• Share photos, files, documents, voice notes and more
• See when contacts are responding to your message
• Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
BBM lets you protect your privacy. You control it:
• You chose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it’s more private, and you always control who can contact you
• You chose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Chat and Share with many at once:
• Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists, and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your own BBM contact list.
• Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
• Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
Create your own BBM profile:
• Post a profile picture using images, pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs).
• Update your status to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel