Apple has released an update to its Mac operating system, EI Capitan and it is updated to version 10.11.1. The OS EI Capitan 10.11.1 update is available in the App Store under menu and to update Mac to latest version, click on the Software Update in the overview window. It is the first update to the new EI Capitan operating system which was launched for public use on September 30. The updated version comes with a minor performance which focuses on fixing bugs that & adding new features.
According to the release notes, OS X 10.11.1 fixes several major bugs that El Capitan users experiencing since the software was released. It improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016, addressing ongoing crashing issues that Office 2016 users have run into. There are also two fixes for Mail issues.
– Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
– Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
– Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
– Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
– Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
– Improves VoiceOver reliability
– Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
OS X 10.11.1 also introduces support for Unicode 7 and 8, adding new emoji that include taco, burrito, cheese wedge, middle finger, hot dog, popcorn, and unicorn head. These emoji are also included in iOS 9.1.