Acer has announced the Liquid Z5 affordable smartphone along with the Iconia A1-830 tablet and Iconia B1-720/B1-721 tablets. Liquid Z5 smartphone is the successor of the Liquid Z3 smartphone.. Acer Liquid Z5 features a 5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) FWVGA capacitive touch screen TFT display and runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS with Acer Float User Interface. It is powered by a 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572 Cortex-A7processor with Mali 400 GPU and 512 MB of RAM.
Acer Liquid Z5 sports a 5MP rear camera with a LED flash and a 0.3MP VGA front-facing camera. The handset weighs 147 grams, measures 145.5 x 73.5 x 8.8 mm. It comes with 4GB in-built memory and expandable memory up to 32GB via microSD slot. The Liquid Z5 supports dual-SIM with dual standby. On connectivity side it has 3G with HSPA+, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi N, GPS and an FM radio. It also features DTS sound technology, AcerFloat apps for real time advanced multitasking.
Acer Liquid Z5 Key Specifications
- Display: 5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- Processor: 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572 processor
- Operating System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Memory: 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB
- SIM: Dual-SIM with dual standby
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 73.5 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 147 grams
- Camera: 5MP rear camera with LED flash, 0.3MP VGA front-facing camera
- Connectivity: 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR and GPS
- Other Features: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, DTS sound technology, AcerFloat apps
- Battery: 2000 mAh battery
The Acer Liquid Z5 will be available in France, Benelux, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Ukraine and UK starting from mid-January at a suggested price of $230 (€169) in two colors White and Grey.