At MWC 2016, XIaomi announced the company’s latest flagship smartphone – Xiaomi Mi 5 in China at a starting price tag of 1999 Yuan (US $305). It comes in three colours – Black, White & Gold colours. The Xiaomi Mi5 with 3GB RAM 32GB in-built memory costs 1,999 Yuan, 3GB RAM with 64GB in-built memory costs 2,299 (US $351) and the high-end variant Mi5 Pro with 4GB RAM & 128GB in-built memory costs 2699 Yuan (US $413). It will go on sale starting March 1, 2016.
On the specifications front, it features 5.15-inch curved glass display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels at 600 nits brightness. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor which is paired with Adreno 530 GPU & runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with MIUI 7.0 on top of it. It comes in two variants – 3GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32GB & 64GB in-built memory and other variant comes with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) in-built memory.
On the imaging front, it features 16-megapixel rear-camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording and 4MP front-facing camera with 2um pixel size for selfie & video-calling.
It has dual-SIM support and connectivity features like 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C.
It packs 3000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick charge 3.0 and offer talk time of up to 2.5 hours with just 5 minutes of charge.
The fingerprint sensor is present It has a 3D glass body with strong glass on the back, is 7.25mm thick and weighs just 129 grams.
Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications
- Display: 5.15-inch Full HD display with curved glass at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness
- Processor: Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 3GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Camera: 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording and 4MP front-facing camera wiht 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25mm
- Weight: 129g; Ceramic: 139g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3,000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0