In an event in New Delhi, YouTube has launched the YouTube Kids in India. For your information, the YouTube Kids already launched in over 20 countries and the app is among the top five kids available in the Google Play Store.
The YouTube Kids app make it easier for children to find videos on topics they want to explore, and it is available for free on Google Play Store and the Apple App Store in India starting from today.
The app is kid-friendly and it comes with larger images & bold icons which makes easier to find videos like the Little Krishna or others. The YouTube Kids app is fast & simple for little thumbs to navigate and it also offers voice search to let children find video’s even if they can’t spell or type.
Many top Indian YouTube kids and learning creators will be adding new shows from ChuChuTV & Kids TV, Cat & Keet, the Gummy Bear song in Hindi, Appu -The Yogic Elephant. You can browse channels and playlists in four categories – Shows, Music, Learning and Explore. You can search for videos of particular interest like the structure of an atom on Exam Fear Videos or watch favorites from LittleBabyBum, Galli Galli Sim Sim and Videogyan.
Speaking at the launch, Malik Ducard, YouTube’s Global Head of Family and Learning, said,
“YouTube Kids is our first step in reimagining YouTube for families, an experience that gives you a world of video in your pockets, and a world of possibility and knowledge at your fingertips. India already has a very diverse and rapidly-growing creator base for kids and learning, with content in this category growing 100% year over year. YouTube Kids comes to India at a great time for millions of Indian families, as it provides children access to content that will enrich their lives and create new opportunities for learning. It also provides the perfect platform to showcase India’s incredibly vibrant, growing community of content creators, from animation studios to edutubers.”
Vinoth Chandar, CEO of ChuChuTV, one of India’s most popular kids YouTube channels, said:
“Finally, our wish as a creator and as a parent has come true. As a kids creator we always wanted a separate kids app from YouTube because of the huge consumption by kids. As a parent, we always wanted a friendly digital space for our little ones to consume high-quality content. We are so excited about the launch of the YouTube Kids app and I am sure this is a blessing for all parents. As a creator, ChuChu TV has huge content plans for YouTube Kids. Good Luck to YouTube Kids!”
Sanjay Raheja, CEO, AppuSeries, said:
“We are ecstatic about the launch of YouTube Kids in India. Carefully developed with healthy viewing in mind, YouTube Kids has to be, without a doubt, the most sought after edutainment destination. We are proud to be a valued partner of the YouTube Kids App.”
Jayakumar P, CEO, Toonz Media Group said:
“Since its launch, YouTube Kids have redefined kids entertainment in a revolutionary way. Toonz’ relationship with the worldwide and Asia Pacific teams has been absolutely incredible. YouTube Kids’ launch in India is indeed exciting news and they will definitely enrich and entertain Indian kids in the most amazing ways. Looking forward to the YouTube Kids Indian avatar and great collaborations with them!”
Sashwati Banerjee, Managing Director, Sesame Workshop, said:
“At Sesame India we believe in the power of engaging parents in interacting with children. In addition to our kids-centric videos, we have recently launched a series of webisodes for parents hosted by the popular Bollywood actor, Twinkle Khanna on topics like self-confidence, bullying, resolving conflict, consent and many more which will be available on the YouTube Kids’ app. We believe YouTube Kids will be a great platform for parents and kids to build new practices for child care and learning.”
Parental Control features of the YouTube Kids app:
● Search settings: Automated Prompt allows you to make a choice about how broadly you want your child to explore – turn search on to access millions of family-friendly videos, or turn search off to restrict your child’s experience to a more limited set. Either way, parents decide the right experience for their family from the get-go.
● Timer: Let the app be the bad guy with a built-in timer that lets you limit kids’ screen time. The app alerts your child when the session is over, so you don’t have to.
● Sound settings: Sometimes you need a little peace and quiet! You have an option to turn off background music and sound effects, so your kids can keep watching while parents catch a breath.
● Passcode and restricting certain content: Parents have the ability to set their own passcode, and to access settings and other parental information in the app.
● YouTube Kids on the big screen: You can now also watch YouTube Kids as a family on your big screen using Chromecast, Apple TV, game consoles or a smart TV.