Google has updated the YouTube app for Android and it is one of the biggest update when compared to earlier updates. Update YouTube app comes with a new design and stability improvement features.
According to source, the biggest new features are:
- A brand new card-based UI – the app looks better than ever before. It’s like Matias Duarte has reached down from the sky and graced it with his magic touch.
- Previously rumored in-app multitasking that’s nothing like we’ve ever seen before. It really has to be experienced in person, but basically you can make any video you’re watching turn into a small window on the bottom right by swiping it down or pressing the down arrow in the top left corner.
- You can then navigate the app while the video is playing.
- You bring it back up by dragging or tapping the small window and dismiss it by swiping it sideways.
- The really slick part here is that as you start sliding sideways, the sound starts to fade. This is some top-notch UX here.
- Interestingly, the swipe-down gesture works only in portrait mode on phones. On tablets, it’s available in both orientations.
- The slide-out navigation has been reworked with the latest hamburger-style guidelines in mind.
- Quicker access to history, favorites, playlists, uploads, and watch later.
- You can now search for playlists.
- You no longer need to tap the down arrow on the video page to give thumbs up, thumbs down, or flag.
- The HD and CC toggles have moved from the bottom left edge of the video to the menu.
- The G+ +1 Recommend button seems to be gone from videos.
Still the updated app comes with rumored background audio – MIA, it means that you can’t leave the app or turn the screen off and have the audio keep playing.[Via] AndroidPolice