Sony is now rolling out Android 4.2.2 firmware update for Wi-Fi Xperia Tablet Z SGP311 / SGP312 version. Android 4.2.2 firmware build 10.3.1.C.0.136 update is now available in select regions right now and will be available in rest part of world also very soon. The LTE version of the Xperia tablet Z is already running on this firmware.
The software update brings many features. lots of changes and some bug fixes — brings multi-user support, replaces the Tablet UI with Phone UI, adds support for 64 GB SD Card and more. Here is the complete change log from the XperiaGuide.com –
- Look likes a Phone UI instead of Tablet UI.
- Multi-user support added as a feature of Android 4.2.2.
- Video Unlimited movie app integration and updated media apps.
- Notification bar at top of screen.
- Support for 64 GB SD Card added now.
- A new kind of widget functionalities on both Homescreen and lockscreen.
- my Xperia app added to track Tablet, in case it is lost.
- Soft button keys are centered below. ( Return-Home-Small apps Buttons )
- Quick Settings option in top notification bar added.
- One can change the length of “preview time” after shooting a snap from camera.
- DualShock 3 Wireless controller support added.
- Small apps drawer is same as it was in LTE version update of Xperia Tablet Z.
- Semi-transparent bar in lockscreen.
- Performance and bug fixing update.