Wimbledon has introduced it’s first ever iPad app ahead of 2013 Grand-Slam Championship. The Wimbledon iPad app is now available to download for free from Apple iTunes and will work with iOS 5 or higher. The Wimbledon tennis tournament will run from June 24 – July 7 this year.
The very first Wimbledon’s iPad app lets viewers to interact with the tournament in a whole new way, including 360’ photo and video view. It’s also made it easy to follow your favourite players, using colour-coded drop pins on a real-time map view of the courts and match alerts so you can easily follow live games.
Alongside exclusive 360 degree video, photography and flyover footage, the app also features Wimbledon’s official live video and radio channels, Live @ Wimbledon.
The Notable Features of Wimbledon iPad app:
- LIVE scores.
- Results & match statistics.
- Schedule of play.
- Live Blog.
- Player profiles.
- Live @ Wimbledon Radio – 3 channels: Daily coverage of The Championships and two channels dedicated to Centre Court and No.1 Court commentary of live match play.
- On demand video previews, highlights, features, interviews and golden moments
- 360’ Photos of the grounds, 360’ Video of historic locations.
- Live Time-lapse high quality photography from the grounds
- Favourite player performance alerts.
- Interactive map of the grounds presenting the content of the app at the locations its happening, on these famous grounds.
- Fan feedback.