Vivo has launched the company’s latest selfie-centric smartphone – Vivo V7 in India at a price tag of Rs. 18,990. The smartphone comes in Matte Black & Champagne Gold colors and goes on sale starting from November 24th while it is available for pre-order exclusively on Flipkart. Originally, it’s a smaller version of the Vivo V7+ that was launched back in September this year and the main highlight of the smartphone is that it features 18:9 display & 24-megapixel front camera.
Display, Processor, Memory, and Operating System>
On the specifications front, the Vivo V7 features 5.7-inch HD+ FullView IPS 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, and the display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The smartphone is powered by 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor which is paired with Adreno 506 GPU & 4GB of RAM. The smartphone runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system with FunTouch OS 3.2 on top of it and has 32GB internal storage which can be expanded further up to 256GB via microSD card.
On the photography front, the Vivo V7 features 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OmniVision OV16880 sensor, PDAF and 24MP front-facing camera with Moonlight Glow, f/2.0, Face Beauty 7.0, Face Unlock, and Portrait mode.
SIM Card Slot, Connectivity, and Sensors
The smartphone has dedicated dual nano-SIM card slot and has connectivity features like 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS. The smartphone comes with sensors like ambient light sensor, digital compass, proximity sensor, and virtual gyroscope.
Dimensions, and Weight
The smartphone measures 149.3×72.8×7.9mm and weighs 139 grams.
The smartphone features a fingerprint sensor on the back.
The smartphone packs 3000mAh battery.
Vivo V7 features 5.7-inch HD+ FullView 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio. On paper, somehow the display looks good but in real life situations the display is not good as it will not provide immersive view & whole purpose of full view is defeated. The Vivo V7 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor which is again a big downside for such a hyped smartphone. The smartphone will hang quite frequently and switching between apps is not smoother. Apart from this, if you play high-end graphics game the smartphone hangs a lot and I’m sure either the smartphone will heat up or it lags and your gaming experience will be interrupted quite frequently. The Vivo V7 doesn’t offer fast charging option. If you like to click selfies whole day then only you can buy it, as you will get 24MP selfies. Although Vivo touts that Vivo V7 has 24MP selfie camera can anyone from Vivo tells the sensor name or which sensor they are using for it?
Vivo V7 specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch HD+ FullView 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat with Funtouch OS 3.2 on top of it
- Rear Camera: 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OmniVision OV16880 sensor, PDAF
- Front Camera: 24MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.8 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 139g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 3000mAh built-in battery