Sony has launched the company’s latest smartphone – Sony Xperia E5 in Europe at a price tag of 199 Euros. It comes in Graphite Black & White colours and will roll out in Europe, Latin America, Middle East & Africa starting from late June 2015. The phone is available in single-SIM and dual-SIM variants and there is no availability in other regions as of now.
On the specifications front, Sony Xperia E5 features 5-inch HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and it is powered by 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor which is paired with Mali-T720 GPU & 1.5GB of RAM. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system and has 16GB in-built memory which can be expanded further up to 200GB via microSD card.
On the imaging front, it features 13MP rear-camera with LED flash and 5MP front-facing camera for selfie & video-calling.
It has dual-SIM support (E5 Dual only) and connectivity features like 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1,GPS NFC
It packs 2700mAh battery that promises up to 2 days of battery life with mixed usage.
It weighs in at 147 grams, and measures 144x69x8.2mm.
Sony Xperia E5 and E5 dual specifications
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Processor: 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- Memory: 1.5GBRAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Rear-Camera: 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Front-Camera: 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 144 x 69 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 147g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1,GPS NFC
- Battery: 2700mAh