Finally all the rumours comes to an end as Sony has announced the launch of Wi-Fi only version of Sony Xperia Z Ultra in Japan and the mini tablet. According to Sony, it is priced at 51,800 yen (nearly $500) and will be available from January 24 in white & black colour options. Right now, there is no word on the international release plans but we can expect the company to reveal them at Mobile Word Congress next month.
Xperia Z Ultra SGP412JP features a 6.4-inch full HD Triluminos display with X-Reality for Mobile engine, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor clocked at 2.26GHz, 2GB of RAM, Android 4.2 and 8MP rear camera. It also packs water/dust resistance, 32Gb of internal storage, microSD card slot and 2.2MP front camera.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles
- Processor: 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8074) processor
- Operating System: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Other Features: Pen input with stylus, IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- Camera: 8MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, HDR photos & videos, 1080p video recording, 2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- Weight: 6.5mm thick and weighs 212 grams
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- Storage: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 64GB expandable memory via microSD card
- Battery: 3050 mAh battery