Chinese mobile phone maker Oppo has officially launched the company’s flagship smartphone – Oppo N1 – in India at an event in New Delhi, with a price tag of Rs. 39,999. This is the entry of the Oppo brand in Indian smartphone market, Oppo N1 is the first device that the company is launching in India, more Oppo handsets should follow in coming days.
Launched in September 2013 in China, Oppo N1 goes on sale globally on December 10. The Oppo N1 features a 5.9-inch 1080p screen, a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 with Adreno 320 GPU, and 2GB of RAM. It runs on Android 4.2 & comes with Color ROM pre-installed, unlocked booter. It also offers a variant that runs Cyanogenmod (an alternative version of Android) out of the box. The Oppo N1 comes in 16 and 32GB storage variants and packs a 3610mAh battery.
It has 13MP rotating camera and rotates to face either direction of the device and a touch panel on the back lets you navigate screen easily. On connectivity side it comes with 3G, USB OTG, WiFi ac 5GHz, WiFi Direct, WiFi Display support, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and DLNA.
Oppo N1 Specifications
- Display: 5.9 inch full HD 1920×1080 IPS LCD display
- Body: Dimensions – 170.7 x 82.6 x 9 mm Weight – 213g
- Processor: 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 with Adreno 320
- Memory: 16/32 GB ROM, 2 GB RAM
- Camera: 13 Megapixel Stacked CMOS Sony sensor with dedicated ISP, F2.0 Aperture, Dual LED flash and 1080p Video recording
- Operating System: Android 4.2 – Color ROM pre-installed, Cyanogenmod variant also available
- Connectivity: 3G, USB OTG, WiFi ac 5GHz, WiFi Direct, WiFi Display support
- Battery: 3610 mAh battery
Price and Availability
Oppo N1 is available at a price tag of Rs. 39,999, for the 16 GB version. The Oppo N1 will be initially available in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Ludhiana. Three other Oppo handsets – Oppo Find 5 mini, Oppo Neo and Oppo R1 – are listed as coming soon in India on company’s Indian Specific Website. The company has appointed film actors Hrithik Roshan and Sonam Kapoor as brand ambassadors for the marketing of Oppo Brand in India.