Official YouTube app for Windows Phone is finally here — updated YouTube app for Windows Phone 8 is now available from the Windows Phone store. The new YouTube app for Windows Phone includes the ability to upload videos from your phone, pin videos, share videos to social networks, live streaming of YouTube live streams, voice search and voice activation from the Home screen and many more.
Earlier in May, Microsoft introduced a YouTube app for Windows Phone 8, but pulled it back. Google wanted Microsoft to remove its redesigned YouTube app for Windows Phone 8 because it didn’t include ads, gave users the ability to download videos, and more. Now Microsoft come up with a new app up that follows the “rules”. So in the new version ability to download video has gone and there are plenty of advertisements.
“We’ve released an updated YouTube app for Windows Phone that provides the great experience our consumers expect while addressing the concerns Google expressed in May, including the addition of ads,” said a Microsoft spokesperson in an official statement.
“We appreciate Google’s support in ensuring that Windows Phones customers have a quality YouTube experience and look forward to continuing the collaboration.”
Key Features of YouTube App for Windows Phone
- Pin videos, playlists, channels and search queries to the Start screen as Live Tiles
- Enjoy Live video streaming
- Manage your YouTube profile with your unique My YouTube page
- Upload videos from your Windows Phone
- Manage your playlists, uploads and video lists
- Find channels, videos and playlists with the quick access search bar with new search suggestions
- Share videos to social networks, e-mail and text messages
- Help your kids view age appropriate videos in Kid’s Corner and keep their own profile