Nokia has launched the Nokia X, company’s first Android smartphone in India. The phone is priced at Rs 8,599 and will be available through online and offline retailers across India. Nokia X is a dual SIM Android handset featuring a 4-inch touchscreen. Nokia X was unveiled by Nokia along with Nokia X+ and XL. Nokia had unveiled its Nokia X range of smartphones — X, X+ and XL — powered by Google’s Android operating system at the Mobile World Congress on February 24.
Nokia X features a 4-inch WVGA LCD capactive touch screen display (480 X 800p, 233ppi). It is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 play (MSM8225) processor and 512MB RAM. It comes with 4GB internal storage expandable up to 32GB via microSD card. It has dual SIM support and a 3-megapixel rear camera. On the connectivity side, the phone offers Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and A-GPS. It comes with a 1,500mAh removable battery. The Nokia X comes in Black, White, Cyan, Red, Yellow and Green colors.
The phones are not pure Android phones and based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP). The phone runs a highly customized version of Android (based on Android 4.1.2). Nokia has taken the open-source elements of Android with added elements of Asha and Microsoft’s Windows Phone to offer its users a different experience.
Nokia X Smartphone specifications:
- Display: 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capactive touch screen display
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with Adreno 203 GPU
- Memory: 512MB RAM, 4GB of Internal storage, micro SD expansion slot
- Operating System: Nokia X software platform 1.0 based on AOSP Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Dimensions: 115.5 x 63 x 10.44 mm
- Weight: 128.6 g
- Camera: 3MP rear camera
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n,Bluetooth 3.0, aGPS
- Other Features: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 1500 mAh battery