In an event in Taiwan, HTC has announced the company’s latest smartphone n the 800 series – HTC Desire 830 at a price tag of NT$ 9,990 (US$ 310). It comes in White with Orange & White with Blue colours and will be available in Taiwan from May 6th. There is no word on the global roll out yet.
On the specifications front, it features 5.5-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and it is powered by 1.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6735T processor which is paired with Mali-T720 GPU & 3GB of RAM. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system with HTC Sense UI on top of it and has 32GB in-built memory which can be expanded further up to 2TB via microSD card.
HTC has announced Desire 830, the company’s latest smartphone in its 800 series in Taiwan, along with the Desire 825 that was announced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016 in Barcelona earlier this year. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS display, is powered by a 1.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753T SoC and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with HTC Sense 7 UI on top.
On the imaging front, it features 13-megapixel rear-camera with LED flash, OIS and UltraPixel front-facing camera for selfie & video-calling.
It has connectivity features like 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / GLONASS.
It packs 2800mAh battery.
It has dual-speakers BoomSound and Dolby Audio. It is 7.9mm thick and weighs 156 grams.
HTC Desire 830 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 1.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753T processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with HTC Sense 7 UI
- Rear-Camera: 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS, BSI sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Front-Camera: UltraPixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 26.8mm wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / GLONASS
- Battery: 2800mAh battery