After the success of HTC Butterfly, company has now launched the upgraded version of the device – HTC Butterfly S. It comes with significant improvements in various departments when compared to HTC Butterfly. HTC Butterfly S powered by 1.9GHz Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor, 5-inch 1080 dull HD display with resolution of 1920*1080 pixels, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded via microSD card slot, 4MP Ultrapixel rear camera and 2.1 front camera and HTC Boom Sound speakers. The device runs on Android 4.2 with HTC sense 5.0 & hence has HTC Zoe features and packed with battery 3,200 mAh. In terms of connectivity, the phone comes with quad-band HSPA, Wi-Fi a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared and GPS. It weighs 160 grams and measuring 10.6 mm in thickness.
HTC Butterfly S Specifications
- 1.9GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor
- 144.5×70.5×10.6mm, 160 grams
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage, microSD card slot, 25GB free Dropbox cloud storage
- 5-inch 1080p display with 440PPI
- HTC Boomsound, Beats Audio, Sense Voice
- 4MP Ultrapixel camera wit BSI Sensor, HTC Imagechip, F2.0, HDR
- 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, DLNA, NFC,
- 3200 mAh battery
- GPS, Glonass
- microSIM card slot
As of now, the phone expected to be released in Taiwan in July for NT $22,900 (US $766) and later in Europe and Asia this summer. There is no word on international availability and on exact date.