Latest version of Android – Android 4.3 announced already and now Google has finally started to roll out for Google Play Edition of Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One. Android 4.3 update for Google Play Edition of Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One expected to be available in few weeks depending on your region. If you are in a hurry and can’t wait for the official update, then this post is for you. In this post I’m sharing a step-by-step guide to install the Android 4.3 update for Google Play Edition of Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One.
To install Android 4.3 update On Google Play Edition of Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One you need OTA zip file, devices running stock official Google Play edition firmware and a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod.
Quick recap of requirements
- Google Play edition Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One running the completely stock official Google Play edition firmware.
- Running Stock recovery firmware is or custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod is also fine.
- The recovery-flashable OTA zip file: For Samsung Galaxy S4 | For HTC One
As soon as you fulfill all the requirements you are ready to install the Android 4.3 update for Google Play Edition of Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One. Below you can find the step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step Guide To Install Android 4.3 OTA Update On Google Play Edition Of Samsung Galaxy S4 And HTC One
Step1: Depending on your device (Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One) download the OTA zip file (from above – direct download link available). After downloading the zip file, transfer it on your device keeping precaution that, you put it inside any sub-folder.
Step2: Now reboot your device into recovery mode by switching it off. Now again depending on your device, press and hold the volume & power buttons.
- For Samsung Galaxy S4 – press & hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons.
- For HTC One – press & hold Volume Down and Power buttons after this, use the Volume Down button to select the recovery option and press the Power button once again.
Step3: After following step 2 depending on your device, you are on the stock recovery mode and you will see the Android robot with a red triangle. Now, simply press Volume Up & power button together to get the recovery options.
Step4: If you correctly followed the step 3, then you are into recovery mode and now its time to flash the update.
- If you are using stock recovery firmware, then choose Apply from phone storage > select update’s zip file and press the Power key.
- If you are using custom recovery firmware, then use its own method for installing/flashing a zip file.
Step5: Now simply wipe cache for stock recovery firmware and dalvik cache for custom recovery.
Step6: After wiping out the cache, now simply reboot your phone using the proper option depending on your device.
Step7: If you follow all the steps as guided above, then your device Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One will boot into Android 4.3.
In case, if there are any issues or you need more information/support then head over XDA forums threads for Samsung Galaxy S4 here or HTC One here.
Follow this guide at your own risk. In case, if your device gets damaged or bricked in the process, then GadgetGuide4U will not be responsible for it.