Earlier last month, Huawei Honor introduced the Honor V8 smartphone with dual 12-megapixel rear-camera. Now according to rumours, the company will introduce the Honor 8 in China at a starting price tag 1999 Yuan (US $304). It’s a smaller variant when compared with V8. It comes in two variant – the base variant costs 1999 Yuan while the high-end variant costs 2799 Yuan. It will have a glass back and a metal frame instead of metal back when compared with Honor V8. It is expected to be announced on July 5th.
On the specifications front, it features 5.2-inch Full HD display / Quad HD 2.5D curved display and it is powered by Octa-Core Kirin 955 (4x 2.5GHz A72, A53 4 x 1.8 GHz) processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU & 4GB RAM. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with EMUI 4.1 on top of it and it has 32GB/64GB/128GB in-built memory which can be expanded further up to 128GB via microSD.
On the imaging front, it features 12MP dual rear-camera with dual-tone LED flash and 8MP front-facing camera for selfie & video-calling.
It has Hybrid dual-SIM card slot and connectivity features like 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C.
It packs 3200mAh battery which comes with fast charing.
Huawei Honor 8 rumoured specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD / (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Processor: Octa-Core Kirin 955 (4x 2.5GHz A72, A53 4 x 1.8 GHz) processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- SIM Card Slot: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Rear-Camera: 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash
- Front-Camera: 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 157.00×77.60×7.75mm
- Weight: 170g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3200mAh with fast charging