Google has officially announced the new Chromebook model from HP at an initial price of $279 and will be hitting stores later today. The new HP Chromebook 11 focuses on a super-light & portable design and comes with micro-USB charger opposed to your traditional power cable. The Chromebook powered by Samsung Exynos 5250 ARM processor, full-sized keyboard and trackpad, optional LTE connectivity, two USB ports, and features an 11.6-inch 1366 x 768 resolution IPS display. You’ll also get 16GB of onboard storage (+100GB Drive storage) and 2GB of RAM.
According to release notes,
First, a laptop should be light and mobile. So the new Chromebook is really thin with no extra fluff. It weighs in at just over two pounds—one of the lightest laptops on the market. There are also no sharp edges so nothing digs into your wrists while you type. And when you’re traveling, you don’t need to throw an extra charger into your bag. The HP Chromebook 11 is powered by a micro-USB charger, which can also be used to juice up your Android phone or tablet.
Second, a computer should look good—something you’re proud to take out at a coffee shop. So the new Chromebook has a sleek, distinctive and super simple look. The fanless design means it doesn’t need any grills for venting. And it comes in a variety of colors to match your mood (or your wardrobe).
And there are a bunch of other things that we hope will make your computing experience even more awesome:
- Brilliant display. Often when folks gather around a screen, everyone tries to gently nudge the computer in their own direction so they can see better. No more nudging. The new Chromebook’s screen has a 176-degree viewing angles so you can see even when looking at it almost completely sideways. And the super bright display brings all of your favorite photos, shows and videos to life.
- Light but sturdy. We wanted the Chromebook to hold up well against everyday bumps and bruises. So it has a magnesium frame that makes it incredibly sturdy. You can hold it from a single corner without it bending or flexing.
- Finely-tuned speakers. Many computers have speakers on the bottom, which is great if you have ears in your lap. Instead, the speakers on the new Chromebook are under the keyboard, which means the sound is crisp, clear and pointed up towards your ears.
- Goodies built-in. And, of course, many Google apps come built-in, including 100GB of Google Drive cloud storage (free for two years) and a 60-day free trial of Google Play Music All Access.
Below you can find the specs listed by HP on its website:
- Powerful ARM processor: Super responsive, the HP Chromebook11 allows you to quickly access your stuff and favorite apps
- Digitally-tuned speakers under the keyboard for crisp clear audio
- A full size keyboard and trackpad that are responsive to the touch and feel great
- A webcam and two USB 2.0 ports
- Software and services to get the most out of your HP Chromebook11
- Optional 4G LTE connectivity: Get online in more places! Optional 4G LTE connectivity is coming soon through Verizon for an extra fee, for a dynamic mobile Internet experience.
- 100GB of Google Drive storage: Store and access your files and content with 100GB of Google Drive storage, free for 2 years. (1)
- 60-day free trial with Google Play Music All Access
- 12 free sessions of GoGo® Inflight Internet
The new HP Chromebook 11 priced at $269 and available through Best Buy, Amazon, Google Play and HP in the US and PC World and Currys in the UK.