Fitbit the leader in connected health and fitness market announced that they are launching in India and all the products will be available through Amazon.in. The products include Fitbit Surge, Fitbit Charge HR, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fitbit Zip and Ara Wi-Fi Smart Scale. The Fitbit platform empowers people with information, offering a fun and engaging experience, providing insights and guidance for users to get the most out of their devices and help them reach their health and fitness goals.
Commenting on the entry in India, James Park, CEO and Co-Founder of Fitbit, said:
“With a growing focus on personal health, fitness and wellbeing across India, and the strong demand for mobile devices and technology in the market, Fitbit is thrilled to provide consumers in India with our full line of trackers—at affordable prices across all mobile platforms—ensuring that everyone can find the right fit for their lifestyle and their goals. Our mission has always been to deliver innovation through exceptional, wearable design in a way that empowers consumers with greater knowledge of their overall health, while understanding that everyone’s approach to health and fitness is different.”
Adding further, Samir Kumar, Director Category Management, Amazon India, said:
“We are very excited to partner with Fitbit and offer customers on Amazon.in access to Fitbit’s wide range of top-selling activity and sleep-tracking products. We are increasingly witnessing that wearable health and fitness devices are growing in popularity and demand for them on Amazon.in is consistently rising. We see this as a great opportunity to offer everyone across India the ease, convenience & joy of experiencing this exciting product range and making their shopping experience delightful.”
According to Fitbit, there is no one size that fits all and as consumers have wide-range of needs & preferences. The Fitbit platform combines connected health & fitness devices with software and services. There is a mobile dashboard & mobile apps, data analytics, motivational & social tools, personalized insights and virtual coaching through customised fitness plans and interactive workouts. The platform helps people become more active, exercise more, sleep better, eat smarter and manage their weight. Fitbit offers variety within its family of health and fitness products that motivate consumers to stay active, live better and reach their goals.
Fitbit Products Overview
Fitbit Charge: A high-performance activity and sleep wristband that delivers all-day activity tracking, real-time fitness stats and Caller ID right on the wrist for people who want to step up their everyday activities to improve their overall health.
Bright OLED screen displays all day stats including steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, floors climbed, and the time.
Exercise Mode records workouts with the press of a button and provides real-time exercise stats on the display, as well as detailed exercise summaries on the Fitbit dashboard.
Automatic sleep detection monitors sleep quality; also features a silent, vibrating alarm.
Caller ID helps users stay connected to incoming calls; wristband vibrates and shows caller’s name or number when paired with smartphone that is nearby.
High-quality, water-resistant, comfortable textured design with a secure clasp and a battery life of 7-10 days to track an entire week with just one charge.
Fitbit Charge HR: An advanced fitness tracker that delivers PurePulse™ continuous wrist-based heart rate tracking, all-day activity tracking, Caller ID and automatic sleep detection for active consumers looking to push their fitness further. Fitbit Charge HR includes all the great benefits of Fitbit Charge plus.
- Fitbit’s proprietary PurePulse optical heart rate technology, delivers continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking all-day (not just when you wake up) and during workouts without an uncomfortable chest strap.
- Heart rate helps users maintain workout intensity; maximize workouts with heart rates zones; track resting heart rate; and monitor all-day calorie-burn.
All-day insights into overall heart health including resting heart rate and heart rate trends, alongside stats like steps, distance, floors climbed, calories and active minutes
- Up to 5 days of battery life – Charge HR is specially designed with battery efficient technology, so users can spend more time tracking and less time charging.
Fitbit Surge: A Fitness Super Watch that combines popular features like GPS, PurePulse continuous wrist-based heart rate tracking, all day fitness tracking with smartwatch functionality in one device for people dedicated to reaching their peak performance.
- Built-in GPS delivers stats like real-time pace and distance along with elevation on device; seamlessly syncs with mobile devices to show route history, speed, elevation and workout summaries, leading to smarter training.
- Use multiple sport mode to record running, biking, cross training and cardio workouts and view detailed summaries of exercises completed – including heart rate and calories burned – empowering active consumers to effortlessly track and better understand their performance during their workouts.
- Advanced eight-sensor technology with GPS, 3-axis accelerometers, 3-axis gyroscope, digital compass, optical heart rate tracker, altimeter, ambient light sensor and a touchscreen.
- Combination of desirable smartwatch features including customizable watch faces, Caller ID, text alerts and mobile music control, with black LCD touchscreen display for easy viewing and navigation through real-time stats, workout apps and alarms.
- Up to 7 days battery life to track everything from the work week to a full marathon on one charge.
The Fitbit family of trackers also includes Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fitbit Zip and the Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale to help everyday users make every step count with everyday activities to improve their overall health and fitness:Fitbit Flex: A stylish activity and sleep-tracking wristband that offers a slim, minimalistic design for people that are goal-oriented and want more flexibility in accessorizing; tracks steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, active minutes and sleep; 5 days of battery life.
Fitbit One: An advanced clip-based activity and sleep tracker that tracks steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, floors climbed and sleep; 10-14 days battery life.
Fitbit Zip: A fun, simple clip-based activity tracker that tracks steps taken, distance traveled and calories burned; up to 6 months of battery life.
Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale: A high-end performance scale that tracks weight, BMI and body fat percentage over time; wirelessly syncs stats with online graphs and mobile tools that provide a long-term overview of progress
Fitbit Charge and Fitbit Surge don’t just track heart rate but also offer continuous, automatic heart rate tracking all day, all night and during workouts. PurePulse heart rate tracking provides more accurate calorie burn, the ability to maintain intensity during exercise and train more effectively with heart rate zones, and as well as resting heart rate – a widely used indicator of cardiovascular fitness and conditioning.
Pricing & Availability
The full-line of Fitbit products are available now for pre-order nationwide on Amazon.in.
- Fitbit Surge (MSRP 19,990 INR); available in black, blue and tangerine.
- Fitbit Charge HR (MSRP 12,990 INR); available in black, plum, blue. and tangerine.
- Fitbit Charge (MSRP 9,990 INR) available in black, blue.
- Fitbit Flex (MSRP 6,990 INR); available in 10 colors – black, slate, navy, red, tangerine, teal, violet, lime and pink.
- Fitbit One (MSRP 6,990 INR); available in black and burgundy.
- Fitbit Zip (MSRP 3,990 INR); available in charcoal, magenta.
- Fitbit Aria (MSRP 9,990 INR); available in black and white.