Earlier FileMaker Pro 13 leaked on Apple’s Online store and now it is officially launched with number of enhancements including new FileMaker WebDirect feature that offers access to database through the Web. FileMaker Pro 13 is available through traditional licensing methods starting at $329 new or $179 upgrade, while volume licensing is available starting as $9/month for FileMaker Pro, $15/month for FileMaker Pro Advanced, and $29/month for FileMaker Server. Other features include enhanced tools for iOS, new design options, and improved security.
According to a press release,
“With FileMaker 13, any team can quickly create custom solutions that streamline their business processes while minimizing design time,” said Ryan Rosenberg, vice president of marketing and services for FileMaker, Inc. “The FileMaker 13 Platform gives organizations even more options for delivering powerful but easy-to-use solutions, including breakthrough web technology, along with impressive new design tools for iOS and desktops.”
FileMaker 13 includes more than 50 new features. Chief among them are:
- FileMaker WebDirect, an entirely new, HTML5 browser-based technology that allows teams to create and deploy desktop-style solutions in a web browser with no programming skills required.
- Tools to create amazing iPad and iPhone solutions that support even more iOS behaviors, including slide controls, popovers and the ability to scan records using gestures. iPad and iPhone layouts can now be created in one step; and iOS solutions can include single-click capture of bar codes using on-device cameras and custom keyboards that speed data entry.
- Major improvements to design capabilities, including support for shareable custom themes and styles, and the ability to drag and drop data fields onto design layouts.
- More robust security, with AES 256-bit encryption that locks down data no matter where it lives – on iPad, iPhone, desktop or server. FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced is used to enable encryption.
- Dozens of new enhancements for solution developers, from the ability to hide or display objects on a screen based on business logic to easier integration with web applications.
- Simplified server administration, including an entirely new HTML5 administrative console in FileMaker Server 13 for managing business solutions from anywhere.