Instagram is now on Windows Phone, one of the worls’s most popular social photo app is now available for Windows Phone 8 users to download from Windows Phone store, although the app is in beta version. Instagram for Windows phone allows you to grab a picture from your Photos Hub, choose a filter to transform its look and feel, then post to Instagram or share to Facebook, Twitter,Tumblr and Foursquare social platforms. Like other applications in Windows Phone you can also pin a live Tile of your Instagram app to home screen.
Having more than 150 million global users, Instagram just landed on WIndows Phone, although it’s missing some functionality: Video capture and uploading, in-app photo capture, tagging photos and viewing geotaxis, aren’t supported. Instagram said it wanted to make Instagram available to people with Windows Phones as quickly as possible, so it focused on “creating an awesome experience with Instagram’s core features”. Instagram said it would continue developing the app to bring you the “best Instagram possible”.
Features of Instagram for Windows Phone 8:
- 100% free custom designed filters: XPro-II, Earlybird, Rise, Amaro, Hudson, Lo-fi, Sutro, Toaster, Brannan, Inkwell, Walden, Hefe, Nashville, 1977, and others.
- Video recording with breathtaking cinematic stabilization
- Linear and Radial Tilt-Shift blur effects for extra depth of field.
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare
- Unlimited uploads
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Full front & back camera support
Like iOS and Android, it’s a free download. You can get Instagram from the Windows Phone Store.