ASUS VivoTab Note 8 tablet is now official, announced at CES 2014 in Las Vegas. The VivoTab Note 8 is company’s latest 8-inch Windows 8.1 tablet bundled with Microsoft Office. The VivoTab features a professional Wacom digitizer stylus, a pen input with over 1,000 levels of pressure sensitivity for an extremely natural writing or drawing experience with the best possible accuracy, speed, and responsiveness.
ASUS VivoTab Note 8 tablet features a 8-inch HD (1280 x 800) IPS multi-touch display. It measures 220.9 x 133.8 x 10.95mm and weighs 380 gram. The VivoTab is powered by a 1.8 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Bay Trail-T Z3740 processor with 2GB of RAM. It sports a 5MP primary camera, and an HD front camera. The VivoTab runs on Windows 8.1 OS. It has SonicMaster audio technology and has rear-facing stereo speakers for an enhanced audio experience. ASUS has already released the official user manual on its website few days back before the announcement.
ASUS VivoTab Note 8 key specifications
- Display: 8-inch HD (1280 x 800) IPS display
- Processor: 1.8 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Bay Trail-T Z3740 processor
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: Up to 64GB internal storage, up to 64GB microSD card slot
- Camera: 5MP rear camera and HD front-facing camera
- Operating System: Windows 8.1
- Input: Multi-touch, Integrated Professional Wacom Digitizer Stylus with EMR Technology
- Dimensions: 220.9 x 133.8 x 10.95mm
- Weight: 380g
- Connectivity: 802.11 ABGN, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, Miracast
- Other Features: Micro USB, rear-facing stereo speakers, SonicMaster audio technology
- Battery: 15.5Whr battery promises up to 8 hours battery life
Price and Availability
The VivoTab Note 8 is priced at $299 for a 32GB model and $349 for the 64GB models. The Note 8 tablet is expected to be available in late Q1 or early Q2, 2014.