The iPad mini is Apple’s next brand new device. Tech world has always nailed the details of Apple devices before it took the stage for public appearance. This time again Apple will not be able to keep the iPad Mini details under wraps. As everyone buzzing about all the rumored specs and features that iPad mini could get. Apple always gives away clues on the possible specs and features of, master strategy of marketing to make virtual appearance before the actual.
Apple hasn’t announced a mini iPad yet, the new brand smaller tablet is almost certainly about to break cover. The recent updates comes from the Wall Street Journal, which reports that an iPad with a 7.85-inch display is in mass production now. And now AllThingsD confirmed that Apple Inc. will host an event on Tuesday, October 23 where it is expected to unveil a smaller version of iPad that will take on the less expensive devices offered by Amazon and Google.
Here’s an idea of what Apple’s smaller tablet would be like. Read on for the features and specs that may be included in the upcoming iPad Mini:
- Smaller Screen Size and a 1024×768 display – A 7.85-inch display doesn’t sound much different from 7-inch tablets such as the Kindle Fire and the Nexus 7. This places the iPad Mini in direct competition with the Google Nexus 7 and Amazon Kindle Fire HD. The smaller iPad would likely have the same screen resolution and aspect ratio as the original iPad, at 1024-by-768, which means it should support all existing iPad apps. That means iPad mini screen will not be retina quality to make it available at cheap price.
- Thin-Film technology – The rumoured 7.85in iPad will have thin-film touch technology. iPad mini will feature G/F2 thin-film touch technology. Nitto is thought to be supplying the thin-film materials, with Nissha Printing and TPK manufacturing the touch screens. The thin-film technology will enable the iPad Mini to be thinner because it has one less layer than the current structure, said the sources. They also claim that the technology will help reduce costs.
- In-cell technology – Recently launched iPhone 5 hints about it that iPad mini will come with the in-cell display technology. In- -cell technology combines the LCD and touchscreen layers into a single layer.
- 4G LTE Connectivity – While the iPad 3 has support for 4G LTE within the U.S only. This has been fixed in the iPhone 5 So there is a possibility that iPad mini will incorporate worldwide 4G LTE connectivity.
- Smaller Dock Connecter – One of most revolutionary features of iPhone 5 is the 8-pin dock connector. This will probably be included in the new iPad Mini as well. A smaller dock connector also gives way to more space inside the device, which is essential in making a miniature tablet.
- Operating system – It is also assumed that the new tablet will feature Apple’s upcoming operating system, iO6. Putting iOS 6 in the mini tablet will include a new, Google-free Maps app, and Passbook, and promises better Facebook integration, better maps, and better video conferences that use cellular data.
- What’s inside – There is nothing more we have, the smaller iPad would have 512 MB of RAM, just like the iPad 2, but anyone wouldn’t be surprised to see 1 GB instead. The rumor mill hasn’t said much about internal storage, so we’ll have to see if Apple drops below the 16 GB minimum found in larger iPads.
We all are just making guesses from some earlier responses and some hints but still no one is quite sure how Apple iPad mini will look alike. Tell us what you are expecting from Apple for iPad mini?